The JEM70V, also known as the JEM70 SFG (Sea Foam Green), is a JEM series solid body electric guitar model introduced by Ibanez in 2012. It is a signature model of American guitarist Steve Vai and part of the Premium line, which is crafted in Indonesia.
The JEM70V features an American basswood body bolted to a titanium reinforced maple and walnut Wizard neck with a 24-fret rosewood fingerboard with color-matched Tree of Life vine inlays. Components include DiMarzio Evolution pickups with a pair of humbuckers flanking a single-coil and an Edge double locking tremolo bridge with a locking nut.
For 2018 the rosewood fretboard was replaced with panga panga.
The JEM70V is a more affordable take on the JEM but sits above the entry-level JEMJR.
The JEM70V was discontinued after 2018.
- Steve Vai artist page, Ibanez Europe, archived from the original November 2017
- 2012 USA catalog (pages 22–23)
- Steve Vai artist page, Ibanez USA, archived May 2016
- 2015 North America catalog (page 10)
- JEM70V product page, Ibanez USA, archived May 2016
- 2017 Europe catalog (page 12)
- JEM70V product page, Ibanez Europe, archived from the original November 2017
- JEM70V product page, Ibanez USA, archived from the original January 2018