|GRX20 Black Night (more images)|
The GRX20 is an RX series solid body electric guitar model introduced by Ibanez for 2000. It is produced in both China and Indonesia as part of the entry-level GIO line. In the US market it is known as the GRX20Z.
The GRX20 features two pickguard-mounted humbucking pickups and a two-point synchronized tremolo bridge. Produced simultaneously in China and in Indonesia, the specs for this guitar vary somewhat by market.
In mid-2017 a new fretboard material, treated New Zealand pine, replaced rosewood. For 2018 the tremolo was specified as the T106 for guitars sold in the US market; this tremolo was offered worldwide in 2019. Also for 2019 the 3-way pickup selector was swapped out for a 5-way lever. For 2020 the fretboard was changed to jatoba.
It is also included in the IJX20, IJRX20 and IJRX20Z Jumpstart packages which include a practice amp and various accessories. It is available left-handed as the GRX20L.
The GRX20W is very similar except that it has white pickups and pickguard. The GRX20EXB is a similar model with black hardware. The GRX20DX is a similar model with sharktooth fretboard inlays. The GRX720 was a similar seven-string model.
A new silver finish was added in 2016.
- 2014 USA catalog (page 22)
- 2015 USA catalog (page 38)
- GRX20Z product page, Ibanez USA, archived May 2016
- 2018 Europe catalog (page 36)
- GRX20Z product page, Ibanez USA, archived January 2018
- GRX20 product page, Ibanez Europe, archived January 2018
- GRX20 product page, Ibanez China, archived January 2019
- GRX20 product page, Ibanez USA, archived January 2020
- GRX20Z product page, Ibanez USA, archived January 2021