|GRGM21 Black Night and White (more images)|
The GRGM21 is a compact RG-style solid body electric guitar model introduced by Ibanez for 2006. It is the initial entrant in the miKro series guitar line, which features slightly downsized instruments aimed at smaller players. It is produced in China as part of the entry-level GIO line.
The GRGM21 features a solid wood body (see specs for specific species) bolted to a maple neck with a 24-fret fingerboard with sharktooth position markers. Components include dual Ibanez humbucking pickups and a fixed bridge.
In mid-2017 a new fretboard material, treated New Zealand pine, replaced rosewood. For 2018 the bridge was identified as the F106. For 2019 the fretboard material was changed to Jatoba, the body was once again basswood and the 3-way lever pickup selector was replaced with a 5-way.
The GRGM21 was also sold in some markets as a set with a special gigbag as the GRGM21GB.
Similar models and special editions
The GRGM21L is a left-handed version. The GRGM21M is a similar model with a maple fingerboard with dot inlays. The GRGM22QA is a similar model with a gravure quilted maple top. The GRGM21N is a very similar model.
Several GRGM21 limited edition models have been produced, including:
- GRGM08LTD1 (Seventies Sunburst)
- GRGM08LTD2 (Eighties Pink)
- GRGM08LTD3 (Nineties Silver)
- GRGM09LTD1 (lime green neon graphic)
- GRGM09LTD2 (multi-pattern magenta check)
- GRGM21CT1 (red, orange and yellow)
- GRGM21CT2 (blue and pink)
- 2014 USA catalog (page 23)
- GRGM21 product page, Ibanez USA, archived March 2016
- 2018 Europe catalog (page 37)
- GRGM21 product page, Ibanez USA, archived January 2018
- GRGM21 product page, Ibanez Asia, archived January 2019
- GRGM21 product page, Ibanez Europe, archived January 2020
- GRGM21 product page, Ibanez USA, archived January 2021